[TowerTalk] compression PL259

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 10:36:06 PST 2011

Paul Christensen wrote:

>We may be getting closer to finding "the real deal."  Looks like
>Farnell/Newark may have them in stock for U.S. orders:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/4vk83dy
>
>Does the datasheet/drawing below appear as the connector you're
>referring to?
>
>http://www.farnell.com/cad/515585.pdf

The drawing seems correct but the photograph shows the variant with a
slimmer body for RG58.

I will add one to the Farnell order planned for Monday (can always use
another '259) so will confirm for sure by Tuesday.

The RG58 variant is here:  <http://tinyurl.com/4vby36o>  and the
photograph is correct. The drawing recommends that the braid is fanned
out, maybe to improve the anchoring of this thinner cable) but I haven't
found it to be at all critical. - the cable is very firmly clamped.

>If so, plenty in stock at about USD $6.00 ea.  However, ships from the
>U.K. + USD $20.00 handling fee per order.  Not exactly a great deal for
>us, but at least we can find them and order in bulk to help offset the
>S&H fees.

Whatever you need will be over here with Farnell; whatever we need will
be over there with Newark. There's a law at work here... and we know
exactly whose.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek