[TowerTalk] Thanks -- HDX-89 rotator replacement - w/o tilting the tower over?

Brian Moran brianmo at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 30 20:38:23 PST 2011

Thanks to everyone who replied on and off the list; I put the tower up to where
I could get the rotator out, and carefully chocked the tower; I removed the old
rotator, and put in the new one. I like the idea of the metal pipe to hold up
the center section, I'll do that next time. Even though it's only about an 8-10'
difference, I really like working at the lower tower height.

The Orion rotator and Green Heron box are happy together. My DB-36 is about to
still too dark by the time I'm able to get home after work, and weekends seem to
get filled with other things.

Brian N9ADG