[TowerTalk] Question on multiple slopers on a tower

Rod Greene w7zrc at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 14:37:49 PDT 2011

Ray,

I have short (50') tower with a CC A3S and rotatable KLM 40-1 dipole on top. On that tower
I also have three 70ft. slopers with a remote switch and SGC tuner so that I can use
them on multiple bands. I don't know if they interact as you ask, but they do have a
definite pattern especially on the upper bands. The unused slopers are open circuit so
they act somewhat as reflectors to the one in use. I doubt there is much gain in the

favored direction but there is some front to back that is helpful at times. On 80 they are
not quite as good as my HyTower setup. On 40m they show a little pattern but are not
as good usually as the dipole. Same goes for 20, 15 and 10 where the beam is definitely
better. They work really well on 17 and 12. I think they are slightly better on 17 than the
40M dipole.

Just my experience - ymmv.

Rod w7zrc