[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G Foldover Guy Wire Tension

Robb Urie rurie at mywdo.com
Sat Jul 9 15:03:37 PDT 2011

Hello,

In the process of replacing a 50 foot Rohn 25G with a 58 foot fold over version.  New base and guy wire anchors have been poured and the question of
guy wire tension needs clarification.  Neither one of my Rohn catalogs mention anything specific regarding the tension for the 4 guy wire scheme vs.
the 3 found on conventional installs.  I’m wondering if using the standard formula of 10% tension will still be okay even with the extra guy wire.  Will
be using new 3/16 EHS and hardware and have a Loos PT-2 tension gauge.  If anyone out there knows of any mention of the proper tension with the
fold over kits, I’d certainly appreciate it.  Also, any owners with interesting ideas of lifting the boom assembly would be valuable.  My plan was to use
my trusty tower assistant; Mr. ATV and gin pole.

Any info or thoughts can be sent direct to:  rurie at mywdo.com

Thanks,

Robb NØRU
Woodland Park, CO