[TowerTalk] Balanced Line Question

Edward Sylvester navydude1962 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 10:55:05 PDT 2011

I have a 130' Ladder Line-fed Dipole up 70' (600 ohm).  I feed it through a nice Palstar Auto Tuner with 4:1 Balun.  All my other antennas are coaxial-fed and near resonance. My amp and rig have a built-in tuners anyway, so tuning them is not a problem.

Since I only use this tuner for the ladderline-fed dipole, how much of an advanatge might I see if I were to go with a "Balanced Tuner?"  I know the 4:1 balun on the present tuner gets somewhat hot/lossy, but am I likely to notice the difference if I switch?

Thanks,
Ed NI6S