[TowerTalk] Rohn foldover tower hinge pin specifications

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Jul 25 16:28:59 PDT 2011

I would be cautious about using heat treated O1, W2, A2, etc as it could
break under stress.  Chromium-molybdenum may be a good choice for the pin.
It can also be purchased prehardened to around 30 Rockwell which is soft
enough to machine, but hard enough to resist wear.  Obviously the safest
approach is to purchase one from the manufacture if possible.

John KK9A