[TowerTalk] Help ID Tower and Dealing with Rust

J. Dolson jdolson at laconic-designs.com
Mon Jul 25 18:39:47 PDT 2011

Hi Gents.

I have been given 12 tower sections.  I'm hoping that the list can help me
(1) identify the tower and (2) offer suggestions on handling the rust.

Pictures of a tower section and close-ups of the rust are at:
http://www.laconic-designs.com/downloads/misc/tower

a. The sections are 10 feet long and have five sets of cross braces each.
b. The center-to-center distance between each leg is 10 3/4 inches
c. Weight wise, the sections feel aluminum, but I didn't think that aluminum
rusted.

Any suggestions as to how to remove the rust and what to paint the tower
with?

Thanks!

Jim
k8ddv