[TowerTalk] 160M

Steve Jones n6sj at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 4 13:39:16 PDT 2011

I have a 80M dipole up around 70 feet fed with open wire line just like
yours.  I have worked a few countries with 100W feeding the shorted feedline
through a tuner.  I have no counterpoise or radial system so sometimes I
have trouble with RF in the shack.  I worked 3Y0X on Peter I with this setup
a few years ago.  The 8,000 mile path was pretty much all over water, but
this shows what is possible with a shorted open wire feeder and 100W on
160M.

73,
Steve
N6SJ