[TowerTalk] Used 25G

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jun 10 13:04:16 PDT 2011

On 6/10/2011 12:34 PM, Wilson Lamb wrote:
> Remember, the market for used towers is very small and shrinkiing all the
> time.

Not here in No Cal -- Rohn 25 sections are pretty hard to find, because
lots of guys are building towers. Two years ago, it took me four months
to accumulate four sections nearby.  This spring, I was able to find
only three sections.   Luckily I was also able to find five sections of
Rohn 35, and that's what I'm using, holding the three Rohn 25 sections
in reserve for the next project.

When considering price, remember that it costs money to ship new
sections, so good used sections on the ground are a bargain.  On the
other hand, remember that you'll likely need to buy rated bolts to
couple the sections together, and you may need to do some reconditioning
of the surface to prevent rust.

73, Jim K9YC