[TowerTalk] Antenna Supports

Kshaddrick kshaddrick at jetup.net
Fri Jun 17 13:43:35 PDT 2011

One of my summer antenna projects is to put up two 40m dipoles in an inverted V arrangement perpendicular to each other. I'd like the apex of the V to be a half wave length above the ground, so a little over 68 feet. What can be used for a support for something like this? Can the 4 foot aluminum/fiberglass mast sections available on eBay be used at that height (guyed of course)? That would be about 17 or 18 of those sections, not sure how stable that would be. Other suggestions?

Thanks,

Kelley