[TowerTalk] E76191 CL2P RG-58U specs?? / Belden 1701A and uV

Jay Kesterson K0GU k0gu at verinet.com
Mon Jun 20 13:41:31 PDT 2011

I have a 1000 foot spool of E76191 CL2P RG-58/U that is at least 15
years old. I'm not having much luck finding any specs online. By any
chance does anyone have the specs for this cable? Mainly interested in
the power capability and velocity factor at 50 MHz. I've looked at the
specs for a few other plenum rated RG-58 cables and these can vary at bit.

I fished a few thousand feet of used blue Belden 1701A (Multi-Conductor
- Enhanced Category 5E Bonded-Pair Cable)
http://www.belden.com/techdatas/english/1701A.pdf out of a trash bin a
few years ago at work. I recently ran some out to a tower for the
direction control pot on a rotator. This stuff isn't rated for outdoor
use. Any ideas on how long the jacket will last in the sun here at 5100
feet.

thanks,

73,  Jay  K0GU