[TowerTalk] 40M/80M Vertical Choice - second attempt

Clint Talmadge W5CPT w5cpt at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 28 13:16:21 PDT 2011

It seems that the Yahoo Group truncated my table - I 'll try again

I have decided to replace my makeshift 40/80M vertical with a store bought
model and have narrowed the choices to two: The Butternut HF2V and the
Cushcraft MA8040V.

Facts & Figures:

                  HF2V    MA8040V   Advantage

Price          $270        $265          Draw

Height        32'          23'             HF2V

Weight       13#          9#              HF2V

I have the remnants of a well-used HF6V which is the basis for my present
antenna so I am familiar with how the Butternuts go together, but the manual
for the Cushcraft seems pretty straight forward.

 What have I not considered?

 Clint - W5CPT