[TowerTalk] 40m monbander and multibander stack question...

Michael W5NIG tower at coffeepower.net
Wed Mar 2 18:58:54 PST 2011

  hey gang!   I'm slowly recovering from some tower issues (bad storm,
tower/antenna damage etc) and am rebuilding my tower stuff.

Anyway have just finished getting my 64' T-500 Trylon freestanding tower
back up properly with a couple of new sections.

My previous setup was this:

24' mast, down about 8' or so (I think) in the tower to the rotator.  Had a
Force 12 5BA (20-10 including warc bands) mounted right above
the thrust bearing.

Had an M2 linear loaded 3 ele. 40m monobander about 8 to 10 ft above that
and 5 or 6 foot above that some phased 2m beams.

Had some issues with the 40m beam (operator error in some assembly) and got
that fixed, but a MAJOR pain to get to since it was up on the stack.

Anyway this time around I am just about to get the Force 12 5BA fixed up and
have a M2  four element 40m monobander on order and would REALLY like
to put it right above the thrust bearing for easy access just in case I have
to fix any operator errors :)

I don't think I've seen a 40 on bottom and multibander on top, usually the
other way around.   Anyone done it this way and any issues?  (besides the
obvious
drop in height etc.)

  Thanks in advance,
     Michael  de W5NIG