[TowerTalk] Professional Tower Installer - S.F. Bay Area ??

Jerry Gardner jerryw6uv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 14:19:10 PST 2011

Anyone know of a professional tower installer in the San Francisco Bay Area?

I'm planning on putting up a 70' tower with a 20m monobander and a 15/10
duobander. I have no prior experience with towers (just moved to a rural
area from an area with an HOA and CC&Rs) and want someone with experience to
put it up.

The terrain is somewhat challenging as most of it is on an approx. 12-15%
slope and there are 13kV utility lines in the area and is sparsely covered
with live oaks. I have 10 acres, but very little is flat, so someone
experienced with erecting towers on this kind of terrain would be a big
plus. (Look up W6UV on QRZ.com, go to the "Detail" tab, put the map in
"Satellite" mode, and zoom in to see the area.)

I'd like to have someone come out and look at the property and give me an
opinion on what kind of tower to choose (I'd prefer guyed) and where to site
it on the property, and ultimately install it.

73, Jerry