[TowerTalk] Hygain TH3

Gene Fuller w2lu at rochester.rr.com
Wed Mar 16 10:16:17 PDT 2011

Hi Eddy -

A few years ago I rebuilt an old heavily damaged TH-6DX. I cleaned and
"greased" (Penetrox) all of the tubing "joints". Took apart all of the traps
and cleaned them and "greased" all of the electrical contact areas. Replaced
the hardware with ss where possible.  It has worked great since and was well
worth the effort. The closest thing to a problem was getting the cans off
the traps because of the dimples they put in the cans after assembly. I
found a piece of tubing, with o.d. just smaller than the i.d. of the can,
that I could insert and tap on to force the trap form out.

Gene / W2LU