[TowerTalk] When to RETIRE from climbing?

n4zkf towertalk at n4zkf.com
Fri Mar 18 04:19:36 PDT 2011

That video is so stupid it's not even worth going over. It was staged. I
climbed broadcast for years when I first got in the business.
What were all those people doing going to the top to work on an AOL? It
doesn't take but one.

It is an OSHA requirement and if they want to work on the thousands of
towers we own, they better do it. When a tower (team)
hits the bottom of one of our towers the first thing out of the back of
their truck is the climbing safety rescue bag (kit).

It gets laid at the bottom of the ladder to the tower in case it's needed.
Then comes the safety sheet telling where they are with
address, phone numbers, closest hospital, Lat/Longs, MSDS, etc. There is a
lot more that goes into it than just climbing.

I'm only 52 but I still climb! (my own towers) I have crews to go up the
rest now! HI.

Dave
n4zkf