[TowerTalk] Memory

Howard Hoyt hhoyt at mebtel.net
Fri Mar 18 12:23:32 PDT 2011

Bud, you quipped:

>Yes, it takes me a bit longer to get to the top than it used to.
>The bigger problem is that once I get there, I've forgotten
>why I needed to go up there in the first place....

That is one of the funnyest, most relevant, and ultimately sobering piece of prose I have heard in a while, I laughed out loud until I thought about it for a few more seconds!

As we age, memory lapses seem to be a reality for many of us, and certainly gives impetus toward establishing a routine for tower work in order to not forget something critical.  I'm thinking a laminated checklist of all safety gear and preps at the tower base, at least then the worst that occurs at height should be a forgotten tool.

Howard Hoyt
WA4PSC