[TowerTalk] Xbee Remote control project

Felipe Ceglia felipeceglia2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 07:55:33 PDT 2011

Hello folks,

I am starting to make a small project for automating my station.

I must admit that its features will be pretty much like the Green
Heron's Everywhere, except that I want to control my rotators directly
with it, instead of needing an extra control box for each rotator:

- control stack boxes relays (ON/OFF)
- control rotators (CW/CCW/BRAKE and read their positions via ADC)

I plan to make a  software (possibly java) which will run in a server
PC and will send commands to Xbee modules. No Arduino or other
microcontroller involved so far.

Have anyone here built something similar, or, would like to jump in
the project?

73,

Felipe Ceglia - PY1NB