[TowerTalk] Fwd: Soldering Radials?

K8RI on TT k8ri-on-towertalk at tm.net
Wed Mar 23 23:04:19 PDT 2011

On 3/23/2011 11:27 PM, Hans Hammarquist wrote:

Here soft solder erodes on antenna connections  out in the weather.
First it takes on a gray color and becomes dull, looking almost like a
cold solder joint, but it usually lasts 5 to 10 years.  Soft solder
joints in the ground seem to erode even faster which is likely due to
the PH of the soil (acetic).  Whether the solder joints on antennas have
to do with acid rain, or how much of that  we get I don't know.

73

Roger (K8RI)