[TowerTalk] 80M and 160M Matching Network

Gary Slagel gdslagel at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 07:29:01 PDT 2011

I've got a used HyTower vertical I'm putting up.  Its got the 160M coil at the base but I don't care for that system for 160 because you have to manually switch between 160 and 80.

After reading Bill/AA4LR's email below and looking at his blog about the shunt fed tower I thought the switchable LC network at the base of his shunt fed tower is just what I need!

Is there a commercially available, switchable matching device that I could use at the base of the HyTower that will allow me to switch from 160M to 80M without running out to the base of the tower to switch it?  Something capable of handling a KW would be great but something smaller would be good to.

Thanks for your help!

Gary Slagel
Hot Springs, SD
N0SXX