[TowerTalk] Complex Guying Question

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Tue May 10 13:58:29 PDT 2011

Howdy, TowerTalkians --

    The tower under discussion is Rohn 25G so my answer  to tension the top
set of HPTG6700 to 670 pounds might be a little aggressive.  It might be a
good idea to tension it like the 3/16" EHS at 400#. I don't think  there'll
be enough slack at that less tension to be of any concern - and  it'll
decrease the compression on the legs. Better to err on the conservative  side of
things. Doesn't sound like it'll ever fall down due to guy  failure - hi.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH