[TowerTalk] concrete bases for freestanding towers

Gary "Joe" Mayfield gary_mayfield at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 18:56:58 PDT 2011

I was referring to the cylinder (dirt) bases that are for the BX
freestanding towers.  The newer catalogs say they are not recommended and
are provided for convenience.  Again I think the only thing to change is the
liability.  I really like the question someone else asked.  Have you ever
heard of a tower base failing?  I would think that once the base is strong
enough the tower always fails first, there would be no point in having the
base any stronger....

73,
Joe kk0sd