[TowerTalk] Vertical with 1 radia

pehaire pehaire at comcast.net
Sat May 14 07:14:28 PDT 2011

Do you recall the Gotham beams?  They produced full size yagis.

I had a 20 meter 3 el on a 24 foot boom.  I added 4 feet to the original 20
foot boom.

As a kid this was my first experience with antennas vibrating in a calm
wind.  It began shaking the coupling bolt out of the tower between the
sections.  Element end inserts cured that.

Most antennas today are down sized like transceivers and zero lot lines.  I
can remember the SX28 and R390A which carried 6 mechanical filter.  They all
had a unique personality.  Touching the tuning knob was like holding on to a
sport car steering wheel.

WA5MUE