[TowerTalk] Another Ground Radial Question

Kshaddrick kshaddrick at jetup.net
Mon May 23 11:32:43 PDT 2011

Somewhere in the distant past I read that the radials of one antenna cannot overlap those of another. Is this really true? There are some folks who indicate that if the radials are insulated it shouldn't be a problem. My issue is I have an existing vertical installation within radial range of a new tower installation. I plan to shunt feed the tower and if I can't overlap the existing radials from the vertical antenna, that will leave quite a wide area with no radial coverage for the shunt fed antenna (basically from east through south to the west, the vertical sits in the south east and the house covers the rest).

Kelley - W0RK