[TowerTalk] Another Ground Radial Question

pfizenmayer pfizenmayer2 at q.com
Mon May 23 17:46:51 PDT 2011

> "terminated in a common bus".  I take that to mean they are tied together
> rather than overlap without touching?
>
> Ken
>
> On Mar 18, 2011, at 5:08 PM, pfizenmayer wrote:
>
>> Antenna Engineering Handbook by Jasik says -
>>
>> " Individual ground systems are required for each tower of a multielemnt
>> array . If the individual systems would overlap , the adjoining systems
>> are
>> usually terminated in a common bus."
>>
>> Under fig 20-16 showing radial systems for a two element array - It goes
>> on
>> to state " The adjoining systems  do not overlap but are terminated in a
>> common bus."
>>
>> E.A. LaPort's Radio Antenna Engineering shows the exact same situation .

Yes - nothing overlaps without touching  -  visualize two  radial fields
lying so they overlap at about 1/4 of the diameter , then draw a straight
line across where they overlap perpendcular to a line between the centers of
each field ,  along that line all the radials are terminated and tied to a
common bus.

Sure wish we could attach a drawing -

Hank K7HP