[TowerTalk] 6000 psi grout

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Tue May 24 10:17:34 PDT 2011

In a message dated 5/24/2011 7:10:29 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>    I'm installing a US Tower MA40.  The  specifications call for filling
the
area between the base of the mast  mount and the top of the concrete with
high strength grout.  What is  this stuff and where would I get it?

    Ahh, good question. What you want is NON-shrink  outdoor grout - the
stuff for the bathroom is not suitable.

    You might be able to find it at your hardware  store. Look at the specs
carefully to make sure you've got the right  stuff.

    I get mine at a masonry supply store. It comes in  bags and you mix it
with water. It needs to be pretty stiff or else it'll just  run out of where
you want it.

    What happens is that the grout becomes part of  the support for the
tower base so the stresses just aren't on the bolts.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams