[TowerTalk] (no subject)

Bryan Swadener bswadener at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 10:33:30 PDT 2011

An otherwise demure friend of mine from my younger years was a closet pyro. He loved to blow things up!  He later became a starving musician.  He was good at all three (blowing things up, making music, and starving).  The music thing didn't work out and he preferred to eat and not get thrown in jail by the ATF, so he became licensed by WA to blow things up.  Eventually, the business license became too expensive for him to hold.  He gave it up and spent some years in Antarctica, blowing up ice for the gov'ment, and then working with fireworks shows around the US.

Sadly, he passed away about 5 years ago in an apartment fire at age 47, due to a faulty portable heater.  RIP Mike Dennistoun.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC

From: John KO4XJ
> Isn't it kind of scary that a bunch of hams who can use a
> coat hanger and talk to other side of the world using a
> tuna can and a transistor, talk to someone while bouncing
> their signals off the moon, be able to stay awake for
> 48 hours screaming CQ!!!!! And the scariest
> part........they know something
> about DYNAMITE....and use it in the name of "our hobby"
> YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!! 
> You're right Roger, as we say in Kentucky THAT'S WAY MORE
> FUN!!!!!!!!
> 73
> John
> Dynamite is a whale of a lot more fun!<:-))  OTOH
> it's a bit more > difficult to get the permit now
> days than it was when I was young.
> 1/4 sticks of 40% done a little at a time will
> turn the whole chunk of concrete into something
> you can shovel. (if used correctly). I've done it
> within 2' of a foundation and 6 to 8 feet from a
> window with no ill, or expensive side effects.<:-))
> 73
> Roger (K8RI)

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list