[TowerTalk] Bazooka antenna

Mike noddy1211 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 7 22:49:53 PST 2011

I use full-size Double Bazookas on 160m and 80m, they actually are not bad
on bandwidth. The 160m certainly has greater bandwidth than the Carolina
Windom that I had up and is quieter.  I adjusted the 80m to the SSB dx
portion of 80 meters, but it tunes very easily to the CW portion with a
tuner.

I had a dipole up for 80m and Double Bazooka for 80m at the same time for a
while and did find the Double Bazooka to be about one "S point" quieter than
the dipole for what it's worth on 80 meters.

I have mine up in an inverted Vee fashion and they work very well for what
they are, I was a little apprehensive about the ruggedness because of weight
etc., but they have been up for 3 years or so with no problems.

I certainly would recommend them over a regular dipole or Carolina Windom.

Mike, K6BR