[TowerTalk] Dropping guys

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 08:45:08 PST 2011

Actually 80 feet of Rohn 55 without an antenna is fine without  guying on a
calm day, provided there is a base built to Rohn specs.  I've  picked 80
and 90 footers, set them on tower sections with no problems.   Although I have
seen guys climb them at these heights, I would give in to the  pucker
factor and not do it.

If both sets are dropped at the same time it is MUCH easier than  doing one
set at a time.  Dropping both sets, hauling the antenna up past  the top
guy point and reguying is a one man job and takes no more than two hours
including the rigging.  I plan on getting an M2 4 4 el 40 up next week by
myself doing it this way.

YMMV.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 11/14/2011 4:02:21 P.M. Greenwich Standard Time,