[TowerTalk] TH7 installed but not resonant--well now sorta

W5XB w5xb at att.net
Mon Nov 21 20:43:53 PST 2011

Hi Gerald,

The balun is a HyGain, installed under the boom with the factory straps connected directly to the first (Front) driven element as the manual shows. The straps are arranged in a semi circle like the manual shows. The crossover straps are about 1/2 inch apart.  The rear driven element is connected via wires. All these parts look like the manual pictures.

It does seem like their is a fundamental problem, elements long (low resonant frequency, but it went together with very little assembly. The elements were just take off of the boom, and the boom was parted.

Since it all looks like the manual, this is why I am not seeing the problem(s).

73,

Grant