[TowerTalk] preformed gripsTo

Kevin's Mail kevin.stover at mediacombb.net
Thu Nov 24 19:13:06 PST 2011

It gives the insurance company a real good excuse not to pay the claim.

I can rewire my house to my hearts content. If I shortcut things, don't get an inspection and the house burns because of my creative wiring should I really expect the insurance company to cover the loss?

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 17:33:16 -0800 (PST)
Bryan Swadener <bswadener at yahoo.com> wrote:

> That brings up another question.  If you do something different than what was engineered and approved, will the insurance company not cover a loss?
>
> vy 73,
> Bryan WA7PRC
>
> Steve K7LXCwrote:
>
> > > Anecdotal datapoint:
> > >
> > > I installed power  company grips on all my
> > > towers in 2002 and none of
> > > the towers have fallen  down.
> >

> > Well, everytime you speed you don't get a ticket
> > either. Installing
> > different Preforms with a specific wire rope is a
> > really bad idea. The Preforms
> > are precision devices and take cable size, strand lay
> > and application into
> > account in their specific designs. And you've
> > violated the LXC Prime
> > Directive to "DO what the manufacturer says". Nowhere
> > does it say to do what you
> > did.
> >
> > Keep your homeowner's
> > insurance paid up just in case.