[TowerTalk] KLM 13-El 2M Beam - Need Documentation

Steve W3AHL w3ahl at att.net
Mon Nov 28 12:24:03 PST 2011

The manual is available for $9 from:
http://www.vintagemanuals.com/manual.php?manufacturer=KLM&model=144-148-13LBA

There is some info at:  http://forums.qrz.com/archive/index.php/t-51333.html

Steve, W3AHL

From: Jim Brown <jim at audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KLM 13-El 2M Beam - Need Documentation
To: towertalk at contesting.com

One of the guys in our local ham club has given me this beam with a
design that suggests that it was made by KLM.  There are two driven
elements made of tubing, with a crossover between them and a short
length of coiled teflon coax as a phasing line. The remaining elements
are small diameter solid aluminum mounted with feed-thrus to the 22-foot
boom, which appears to be about  1-inch to 1-1/4 inches.  The antenna is
in excellent shape.

I'm planning to use it for weak signal work on the lower 500 kHz of the
band.  I'd like to know its specs, and what, if anything, I need to do
to optimize it for that end of the band.

73, Jim K9YC