[TowerTalk] 10M phased verticals

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Tue Nov 29 12:43:49 PST 2011

Roger,

5/8 wave radiators are *not* popular with AM broadcast stations.  In fact,
the 185-195 degree class of radiators used by WSM, WLW, and many other clear
channels was so chosen to specifically eliminate the high-angle lobe created
with 5/8-wave radiator height.  The skywave created by the high lobe cancels
with ground wave and the result is disastrous.  Find me just one AM clear
channel with a 5/8 wave radiator  :-))

Paul, W9AC