[TowerTalk] re; STUF Weather Proofing compound...

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 12:33:24 PDT 2011

In a message dated 10/5/2011 12:01:07 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I used both: STUF on the inside as well as Coax-Seal on  the outside.

    Please tell me you didn't put the CoaxSeal  directly on the connector.
While I hate CoaxSeal (since most people put it  directly on a connector,
thus rendering the connector useless if you ever  take the connector off), if
you put a layer or 2 of tape on the  connector first, and then put the
CoaxSeal on followed by 2 more wraps of  tape, its use is acceptable. Otherwise
it's a one-time use.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH