[TowerTalk] re; STUF Weather Proofing compound...

Alan NV8A nv8a at charter.net
Wed Oct 5 16:28:06 PDT 2011

On 10/05/11 03:33 pm, K7LXC at aol.com wrote:

>>   I used both: STUF on the inside as well as Coax-Seal on  the outside.

>      Please tell me you didn't put the CoaxSeal  directly on the connector.
> While I hate CoaxSeal (since most people put it  directly on a connector,
> thus rendering the connector useless if you ever  take the connector off), if
> you put a layer or 2 of tape on the  connector first, and then put the
> CoaxSeal on followed by 2 more wraps of  tape, its use is acceptable. Otherwise
> it's a one-time use.

Yes, I did put the Coax-Seal directly on the connectors. They stayed up
in the air at the old QTH for 18 months or so, then I took them apart
when we moved, and I put them together again here. The connectors were
certainly messy but were in no way unusable. I've done the same with
several more since.

73

Alan NV8A