[TowerTalk] My Yaesu rotors are AC, not DC...

Michael Baker mpb45 at clanbaker.org
Wed Oct 12 12:26:24 PDT 2011

Hello, TowerTalkers--

Hello, Tower-talkers--

I have a Yaesu 5600 AZ/EL rotor pair and control box sitting
out on my bench while I set it up to track the NOAA polar
orbit birds so I can downlink and display the digital HRPT
ground&  cloud imagery as the birds pass overhead.

The control voltage fed to the rotors starts out at the box
as 24 volts AC  (not DC, at least not on my unit).  By the
time it arrives at the rotors it is somewhat less, of course...

Does Yaesu offer a rotor system&  control box that operates
on DC...??   My Yaesu 5600 unit runs the motors on AC.

Mike Baker
WA4HFR
Gainesville/Micanopy, FL  USA