[TowerTalk] Best Grease for Rotor bearings ?

Tom Anderson andersonww5l at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 13 16:34:33 PDT 2011

The thrust bearing that came with my W51 TriEx tower in the early 90s came with a grease fitting installed.  I've always used wheel bearing grease in my grease gun to lube it.  From what I've read, mechanics advise NOT to mix grease types, so I stick with wheel bearing grease which is usually available in both sizes of tubes to fit a hand pumped grease gun and a lever action one.  I've also redone the front wheel bearings in my car with the same grease.

FYI: Mechanics advise not to use gasoline to clean wheel bearings for some reason.

Tom, WW5L