[TowerTalk] thrust bearing KM1R

Castellano, Michael (USACT) Michael.Castellano at usdoj.gov
Fri Oct 14 12:49:59 PDT 2011

About 15 years ago, in XW land, we put up a Hy-Gain 3-30 Mc log periodic with a thrust bearing made out of a block of mahogany
(if I remember, a b it of grease.  Well, last year I was back there to do work, and checked the thrust bearing. It was like the day we [put it in.

My point?  At one (1) rpm, you do not need a super expensive bearing.  I still like the idea of a block of hardwood (be careful: oak warps in the weather) such as mahogany. And its CHEAP, and lasts a long long time.

73 all!

Mike KM1R  / HS0ZAI

Michael John Castellano
I - R