[TowerTalk] Antenna Height above Ground

Gary Reich gary.reich100 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 14:32:56 PDT 2011

Good afternoon,  what is the actual antenna height above ground when a antenna is mounted on a roof ? I have a hex beam antenna mounted on a 30' tilt-over mast which is mounted above the roof of my house. Due to security issues I had to install a frame of welded rebar under the roof to prevent robberies. This framework is attached to 5- 8' ground rods. The roof is 10' above ground level which puts the antenna at 40'. So in theory is may antenna mounted 30' or 40' above ground ? Thanks' in advance
Gary Reich, YS1GR