[TowerTalk] 160m ANT

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 16 16:26:48 PDT 2011

I have had several Inverted L's up including a Spi-Ro 160 short dipole L
with feed and vertical up 70 feet and the horizontal pointing at the SE but
going from  70 feet down to about 55 feet.  I was gangbusters into PY.

I think sloping the horizontal wire has some of the effect of a sloper with
some directivity toward the slope.  I found that most inverted L's are
mostly omni but somewhat oval to and away from the horizontal wire.

I agree that vertical wire should be as far from the tower as possible.
Even antenna guru K4DLI runs a ground U only a few feet away from his 70
foot Rohn tower.

73 Dave K4JRB