[TowerTalk] Solid center conductor LMR400 for crankup tower?

Mike noddy1211 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 26 19:59:21 PDT 2011

I use it on a 70 foot crank up tower, no problems here.  I did change out
the crappy cable stand off's to something far better and well made though
because the weight killed the originals in four weeks.

Below are links if you need stand off's or consider the standard ones too
weak, don't know what tower you have but mine is a LM-470.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/8588
http://www.kf7p.com/KF7P/Welcome.html

I think he even has a photo of me testing the strength of the standoff on
his web page: -)

-Mike, K6BR