[TowerTalk] Optibeam 12-4

Tommy Alderman aldermant at windstream.net
Thu Sep 1 22:09:29 PDT 2011

Scott,

I have the OB40-2 and the OB16-3, respectively being a 2-el 40m and a 16
element tri-bander. They have only been up a year but in my opinion, they
are very good in both performance and mechanical design. One of the keys to
these square boom yagi's is to make absolutely sure you tighten the sections
of the boom extremely well. I have heard of their large 80m booms literally
coming apart. I just had an annual inspection and my yagi boom's show no
sign of problems.

Optibeam does a great job in detailing how all of the pieces go together.
Their German to English translation could use some help as parts of the
manuals are not easy to understand.

I am quite happy with Optibeam.

73,
Tom - W4BQF