[TowerTalk] Remote antenna switch

Dan Schaaf dan-schaaf at att.net
Mon Sep 5 08:16:06 PDT 2011

Clint

There were two different PCBoards in the RCS-4. The older version is open
frame relay. The newer version is small enclosed relays just like those
used in the DXE unit.
You may only need to clean the realy contacts if they are open frame type.
If newer version, just replace the relay.

Also, maybe your Bias T circuit in either the control box or the relay box
has fried.
Most likely component is a burned RF Choke. I replaced mine with 250 uHy
chokes after I accidentally tried to load a very short antenna on 160
meters. The high RF voltage cooked the choke.
Ameritron uses 100 uHy but 100 uHy is self resonant on 160 as I have been
told.

Best Regards
Dan Schaaf
K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com