[TowerTalk] Aluminum tubing slip joints seized - my final answer

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Wed Sep 7 17:41:44 PDT 2011

This antenna might have originated for a non-amateur user that needed
coverage below 7 MHz. That might be a reason the smaller tube was shoved
so far inside the larger tube. I'll probably never know for certain as
the antenna is 40+ years old.

I have a schematic/diagram of the ham version (Telrex Model 40M-BFD) and
it starts out with 1.5" center tubing. This one goes two sizes larger,
2" and 2.5". Maybe this one was a 40M-Really BFD ???

73 de Bob - K0RC in MN