[TowerTalk] Marine Pulleys etal

AA6DX - Mark aa6dx at suddenlink.net
Mon Sep 12 17:01:46 PDT 2011

Carol --
As has been said on here before by others, there is not really a reason to
use QUOTE "Rotator cable", or "Rotor Control Cable" .. use multiple runs of
the cheapest Romex wire on sale from leaving the shack to the base of the
tower, then splice in short pieces of 8-conductor (or whatever) for
convenience.  As for connectors, use 2 automotive trailer connections,
4-wire, and at each end simply reverse the sexes of the plugs/jacks ... so
not to mix the wiring .. really cheeeeepo ... and worky worky!  Since the
molded connectors come with wires, can splice right to the Romex,
or..whatever!  I am, right now, changing out an old Ham-M .. and am putting
the 2x4 connections on the rotator with about 2' ends, before I mount it,
and then the cable will connect after the aerial install...  more better
than other designs, like .. $Yaesu$..... HIHI..
73.. Happy DXing!   Mark  AA6DX   See you .. CQP -- Humboldt  County!
Subject: [TowerTalk] Marine Pulleys etal