[TowerTalk] 1/4 slopers & Radials

Stan Stockton k5go at cox.net
Tue Sep 13 16:57:36 PDT 2011

I think the most important thing for a quarter wave sloper is to have
a decent amount of top loading on the tower.  I have not measured
anything but believe that a quarter wave sloper works pretty well with
a Yagi on top of tower and is a waste of time if there is nothing on
top of the tower.

Shunt feed the tower, if you can, and put down a bunch of radials.  I
know that will work well if the electrical length is not too long for
whatever band you are wanting to use it on.

Stan, K5GO

Sent from Stan's IPhone