[TowerTalk] 45g base

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Sep 14 14:58:54 PDT 2011

You can use this method of antenna installation, even if the tower has a
pier pin base.  Obviously you need a tower with more than one set of guys
and you cannot removed all of them at the same time.   If you're cautious,
you can remove one set, pull the antenna past it, reconnect and remove the
next set, etc.  I have done it many times and almost single handedly
installed some very large antennas.  It works best if you install the
antennas from the top down, however often times that doesn't happen for me.

John KK9A