[TowerTalk] shipping large, heavy object

Mickey Baker fishflorida at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 11:07:59 PDT 2011

After you get it strapped/packed for shipping and have correct dimensions
and weight, post it on uship.com. Be patient and you may find and
independent trucker or individual who will do it for a bargain price, or the
freight companies that respond will give you their prices right up front.

Good luck!

73,

Mickey N4MB

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Jim Spears <n1nk at cox.net> wrote:

> I purchased an electric winch, US Tower MDP-750 from a guy who was close
> enough to pick it up at his home.  After getting it home and mulling over
> the challenge ahead, I decided it would be too hard to integrate this winch
> (which has a complicated pull up/pull down design) onto my crankup tower
> and
> sold it.  The winch is pretty large and heavy, 185 pounds according to the
> US Tower catalog (and I believe it).
>

> I am starting to work with the new buyer on shipping.  And I need a
> starting
> point.  I would guess it needs to be strapped to a pallet.  Any suggestion
> on a shipper?  Will FedEx ground handle something like this?
>

> I am getting real tired of manually cranking the tower up and down but need
> a simpler approach.  Something like the MDP-75 is more in my thought
> process.
>

> Jim/N1NK

Mickey Baker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me, and
I will learn.” Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.