[TowerTalk] Maximum Guy Radius

Jim Hoge knowkode at verizon.net
Wed Sep 21 14:22:11 PDT 2011

________________________________
By increasing guy radius such that the radius is equal to the tower height (a 45* angle) instead of just 80% of the tower height only nets a 6* 20' change of angle from the topmost guy wire and a 10% increase in guy length. I would be more concerned with the increased windloading of the guys than anything else. The bottom line is if I ever intended to change the engineering of a tower, I would have an engineer run the math and affix his wetstamp to the plans. I gotta stand with Steve on this... do what the manufacturer specifies.

gl,
Jim W5QM