[TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-4 question

Charlie Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Wed Sep 28 09:03:18 PDT 2011

On 9/28/2011 TexasRF at aol.com wrote:
...snip...

> Use of three relays allows close duplication of the original control
> circuit. One for +, one for -, one for both and none for the default state. Only
> one relay at a time needs to be operated making the control logic quite
> straight  forward.
>
> KISS works for me!
>
> 73,
> Gerald K5GW
...snip...

The 4th relay would NOT be switching any of the remote relays, believe it or not - it has ONE use - to light the LED on the front panel - Yes, I can use the NC side of the three in series to light it - I was thinking KISS for someone elses use "This is relay for antenna 1" etc, to keep it KISS - part count is up an extra relay, but makes explaining how to wire the board to someone super easy

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)